Buying a coastal home is a large financial transaction that involves a lot of information, time and people to manage. Navigating the real estate transaction from contract to closing is a real estate agent's primary obligation and where they should provide you with the most value. When this process is properly managed you can expect a seamless real estate transaction from start to finish that results in you purchasing the perfect coastal home at a good price. Below is a summary of each of the steps in the contract phase:
- Once the final purchase agreement is signed I will distribute the contract, supporting documentation and contact information to all of the parties involved in the transaction. This important first step ensures everyone has the information they need and gets the transaction started on the right track.
- If you will be financing your purchase I will stay in constant communication with your lender to ensure they are receiving the information they need and that the mortgage process is progressing as it should.
- I work with the best home inspectors in the area and will assist you with scheduling property inspections and will oversee all of them. Repairs will be negotiated for any defective items that are found and I will confirm the repairs are complete prior to your final walkthrough on the day of closing.
- In most transactions an appraisal will be completed to verify the property's value. This is typically ordered by the Lender if a mortgage is involved. I will facilitate the appraiser's access to the property and provide them with any supplemental information they may need.
- If the property you are purchasing is part of a homeowner's or condo association you are entitled to a resale package from the respective community. Once we receive the resale package I will review the documents with you, get any questions you may have answered and distribute the documents as needed to related transaction parties.
- I will keep you up-to-date at all times as to where things stand throughout the entire process. I will always respond promptly to any needs or information requests that arise from anyone involved with the transaction. Open channels of communication are vital to a smooth real estate transaction.
Title and Closing
- The title company will perform the title search and prepare all of the necessary documents for the property transfer. I will provide the title company with all of the information they need and coordinate a settlement time and location that is convenient for you. Prior to the closing I will review the settlement statement with you to confirm the final figures and assist with utility transfers.
You should have an experienced, knowledgable real estate agent by your side to help you navigate through this process. To ensure my clients have a seamless transaction from start to finish I utilize my proven transaction workflows, useful technology, an expert support staff, local market knowledge and my extensive real estate experience. If you would like to discuss buying a coastal home in greater detail feel free to contact me directly anytime at 443-614-9179 or via email.