If you will be financing your upcoming Ocean City real estate purchase you will want to get pre-approved for the mortgage prior to looking at homes. The initial mortgage pre-approval process is simple and can be accomplished with a short phone call and a few supporting documents. There are several advantages to getting pre-approved for financing ahead of time:
- Getting pre-approved for the mortgage ahead of time will ensure your upcoming real estate purchase aligns with your overall financial strategy. Through the pre-approval process you will know what to expect in regards to monthly payments and closing costs.
- You do not want to fall in love with a home that does not fit into your financial strategy. Conversely, you do not want to short-change yourself and miss out on a good opportunity that you could have qualified for. Getting pre-approved for the mortgage eliminates the guess-work and will help establish a definitive price range for you.
- Sellers are more likely to accept real estate offers from Buyers that are pre-approved for their mortgage. The mortgage pre-approval lets the Seller know that you are a qualified buyer and capable of fulfilling all aspects of the purchase process. This can be especially beneficial in competitive markets and multiple-offer situations.
Better Negotiating Ability
- Buyers with mortgage pre-approval secured can typically negotiate a better deal with more favorable terms than a Buyer that is not pre-approved.
- A mortgage pre-approval can help speed up the closing process once you go under-contract on a property. The lender will already have your pertinent information and a majority of your supporting financial documents.
Purchasing a home or condo in a coastal area will be a slightly different process than the one you went through to purchase your primary home. Due to these differences it can be beneficial to work with a local lender that is familiar with the Ocean City real estate market. I work with the best lenders in the real estate business and would be glad to connect you with an experienced, knowledgable Ocean City mortgage lender. If you would like to discuss the coastal home buying process in greater detail feel free to contact me directly anytime at 443-614-9179 or via email.