Selling a coastal home is a large financial transaction that involves a lot of information, time and people to manage. Navigating the real estate transaction from contract to closing is where a good Ocean City real estate agent can provide the most value. When this process is properly managed you can expect a seamless real estate transaction from start to finish that results in you selling your home or condo for the highest price possible within a reasonable amount of time. Below is a summary of the various steps in the contract phase:
- Once the final purchase agreement is signed I will distribute the contract, supporting documentation and contact information to all of the parties involved in the transaction. This important first step ensures everyone has the information they need and gets the transaction started on the right track.
- If the Buyer of your home is financing their purchase I will stay in constant communication with their Lender to ensure the mortgage process is progressing as it should.
- I will oversee all property inspections and can assist with coordinating any repairs that need to be made through my established contractor relationships.
- In most transactions a property appraisal will be completed to verify the property's value. This is scheduled and paid for through the Buyer's side of the transaction. I will provide any information that is needed to substantiate your property's value.
- If your property is part of a homeowners association you will be required to provide the Buyer with a resale package. I will assist in securing the resale package from the association and distributing the relevant documents to all parties involved with the transaction.
- I will keep you up-to-date at all times as to where things stand throughout the entire process. I will always respond promptly to any needs or information requests that arise from anyone involved with the transaction. Open channels of communication are vital to a smooth Ocean City real estate transaction.
Title and Closing
- The title company will perform the title search and prepare all of the necessary documents for the property transfer. I will provide the title company with all of the information they need and coordinate a settlement time and location that is convenient for you. Prior to the closing I will review the settlement statement with you to confirm the final figures and assist with utility transfers.
You owe it to yourself to have an experienced, knowledgable Ocean City real estate agent by your side to help you navigate through this process. To ensure my clients have a seamless real estate transaction from start to finish I utilize my proven workflows, useful technology, an expert support staff, local market knowledge and my extensive real estate experience. If you would like to discuss selling your coastal home in greater detail feel free to contact me directly anytime at 443-614-9179 or via email.